DO ASK. DO TELL.
Frequently Asked Questions
“Courage doesn’t happen when you have all the answers. It happens when you are ready to face the questions you have been avoiding your whole life.”
-Shannon L. Adler
How can coaching help me?
Coaching creates results by empowering you to greater utilization of your skills, knowledge, and sense of integrity by providing you with tools that will 1) shift your interpretations of events and outcomes to more fully align with your values and goals and 2) evoke actions based on that realignment. People hire a coach for many reasons, such as when it’s time to re-evaluate their choices, make transitions, or achieve something extraordinary. Coaching works well when you are open to new ideas and ways of being, are ready to be courageous in the face of the unknown, and want to make a difference in your world–or in the world.
Coaching addresses the full spectrum of issues in our lives, including career development, transitions, creativity, finances, health & fitness, project initiation and completion, relationships, and parenting, to name just a few.
When do people hire a coach?
People hire a coach for many reasons such as when they are re-evaluating their choices, contemplating or making transitions, have encountered a big challenge or simply want to achieve something extraordinary.
Coaching can address any challenge you may be experiencing, such as:
- Launching a new business or reorganization or project
- Knowing that you or your company is ready for so much more
- Uniting a disenfranchised team or family
- Existential or mid-life crisis
- Parenting style, strategy and relationship
- The loss of your focus in the midst of the day-to-day chaos
- Motivating or inspiring others, or yourself
- Seeking a committed life partner or navigating the minefield of dating
- Uncovering hidden limitations to your success or the success of the bottom line
- Life transitions such as marriage, retirement, birth and death, disappointment and loss, and a host of other relationship issues
- Rediscovering your creativity or passion, or finding it for the first time.
What are some benefits of coaching?
The coaching relationship supports and empowers you to:
- Change your life in ways you’ve wanted to but something kept getting in the way or in ways you never dreamed were possible.
- Understand how your integrity and the integrity of those around you color everything in your work and in your life.
- Examine the way you show up in the world as well as the way you think and feel about yourself factor into getting what you want.
- Discover your unique filters and how the decisions you’ve made about yourself and the world affect your perspective.
- Navigate complicated issues and make positive progress.
- Complete projects with more ease and peace of mind.
- Experience the freedom and joy that comes with being who you truly are.
Your coach becomes your partner, standing with you, taking an objective, comprehensive and compassionate look at what’s going on for you, and creating a safe space where you uncover your own answers to your own challenges.
What's the difference between coaching and therapy?
Coaching works best for people who are psychologically healthy, who want to make changes in their lives and are ready to take action. Unlike psychotherapy, coaching deals primarily with the conscious mind, with the functional aspects of the individual, and with unblocking the present and the future. By examining and owning your role in creating your life, transformational change is possible. We will refer you to therapy if your issues exist outside the boundaries of coaching.